Terms & Conditions
General Consumer services terms and conditions
2.Information about us and how to contact us
3.Our contract with you
4.Your rights to make changes
5.Our rights to make changes
6.Providing the services
7.Your rights to end the contract
8.Our rights to end the contract
9.If there is a problem with the services
10.Price and payment
11.Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
12.How we may use your personal information
13.Other important terms
Please note all textiles/customer orders will only be kept for a maximum of 8 weeks of the ticket date
we do not except claims after this date & your textiles will be potentially disposed of
with no liability to copnor cleaners ltd.
Designer textiles garments are cleaned at owners risk & liability is limited to £100 maximum compensation in the case of damage or loss.
All claims complaints must be received within 48 hours of collection & must in placed in writing to the company's registered address & may also be copied in to the email address on this web site as well.
1. THESE TERMS
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
2.1 Who we are. We are Copnor Launderette & Dry Cleaners and our registered office is at 309 Copnor Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 5EG.
2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our Proprietor Mrs Debbie Bush at 0759047 0111 or by writing to us at Debbie@copnorcleaners.co.uk and 309 Copnor Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 5EG.
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by contacting you at the telephone number, email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
2.4 ”Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
3.1 How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we tell you that we are able to provide you with the services, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
3.2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and we will not charge you for the services. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the services.
3.3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
3.4 We only sell to the UK. Our website, catalogue and brochure are solely for the promotion of our services in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
4. YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
4.1 If you wish to make a change to the services please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the services, their timing or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
5. OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
5.1 Minor changes to the services. We may change the services:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of the services.
6. PROVIDING THE SERVICES
6.1 When we will provide the services. We will supply the services to you from the date we accept your order until we have completed the services. The estimated completion date for the services is as told to you during the order process.
6.2 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our performance of the services is affected by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
6.3 Reasons we may suspend the services. We may have to suspend the services to:
(a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
(b) update the services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
(c) make changes to the services as requested by you or notified by us to you (see Clause 5).
6.4 Your rights if we suspend the services. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending the services, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract if we suspend the services, or tell you we are going to suspend them, in each case for a period of more than 5 business days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for services not provided to you.
6.5 We may also suspend the services if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the services when you are supposed to (see Clause 10.4) and you still do not make payment within 5 business days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the services until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the services. We will not charge you for the services during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the services we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see Clause 10.5).
7. YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
7.1 You can always end the contract before the services have been supplied and paid for. You may contact us at any time to end the contract for the services, but in some circumstances, we may charge you certain sums for doing so, as described below.
7.2 What happens if you have good reason for ending the contract. If you are ending the contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any services which have not been provided or have not been properly provided. The relevant reasons are:
(a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the services or these terms which you do not agree to (see Clause 5.2);
(b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the services you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
(c) there is a risk the services may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
(d) we suspend the services for technical reasons, or notify you are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 5 business days; or
(e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
7.3 What happens if you end the contract without a good reason. If you are not ending the contract for one of the reasons set out in Clause 7.2, the contract will end immediately but we may charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
8. OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
8.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
(a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 5 business days of us reminding you that payment is due; or
(b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the services, for example, your contact details.
8.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in Clause 8.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for services we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
8.3 We may stop providing the services. We may write to you or call you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the services. We will let you know at least 1 business day in advance of our stopping the services and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for services which will not be provided.
9. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SERVICES
9.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the services, please contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our Proprietor Mrs Debbie Bush at 07590470111 or by writing to us at Debbie@copnorcleaners.co.uk and 309 Copnor Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 5EG. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
9.2 Summary of your legal rights. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the services. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
you can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
if you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
if you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
9.3 Our guarantee in addition to your legal rights. We offer the following goodwill guarantee which is not transferrable and which is in addition to your legal rights (as described in Clause 9.2) and does not affect them. In the unlikely event there is any defect with the services:
(a) if remedying the defect is impossible or cannot be done within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience to you we will refund the price you have paid for the services.
(b) in all other circumstances we will use every effort to repair or fix the defect free of charge, without significant inconvenience to you, as soon as we reasonably can and, in any event, within 10 Business Days. If we fail to remedy the defect by this deadline we will refund the price you have paid for the services.
10. PRICE AND PAYMENT
10.1 Where to find the price for the services. The price of the services (which includes VAT) will be the price set out in our price list in force at the date of your order unless we have agreed another price in writing. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of services advised to you are correct. However please see Clause 10.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the services you order.
10.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT if applicable . If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we provide the services, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the services in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect. (Please note we are not vat registered) This clause becomes legally applicable upon the said above company registration.
10.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the services we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the service’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the service’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated in our price list, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a misplacing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and not perform the services.
10.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We will invoice you for the balance of the price of the services when we have completed them. You must pay each invoice within 7 calendar days after the date of the invoice. We accept payment by cash, debit / credit card.
10.5 We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date (see Clause 10.4) we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 6% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
10.6 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
11. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
11.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
11.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services as summarised at Clause 9.2.
11.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the services for domestic and private use. If you use the services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
12. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
13. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
13.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
13.2 You may not transfer your rights under this agreement to someone else.
13.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
13.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
13.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things or prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
13.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts.
SUPPLEMENTARY TERMS & CONDITIONS
In addition to the General Terms, the following Supplementary Terms apply.
1. Any claim for damages or missing items must be made within 48 hours of collection of items from our shop or delivery.
2. Service washes will only be separated by colour if we are specifically asked to do this and this may carry an additional charge. If we are not asked or advised we will wash as one load. We will not compensate for colour runs.
3. Service wash garments will be washed and dried on a high setting & we accept no responsibility for damaged items due to shrinkage or creasing, rubber backings pealing etc. Please ensure that garments for service wash are able to withstand the advised cleaning process i.e. hot wash & dry. Please advise us of any special requests and please check your care labels.
4. All designer / high value textiles / garments are strictly cleaned at owners risk & you must inform the counter staff of any garments over £100 so we may mark the customer ticket accordingly. Definition of designer goods / high value is any garment in value over £100. Designer goods as examples , Ralph Lauren , D & G , Kate millen , Jaeger , Boss , Gucci , Moncler , Louis Vuitton , Armani , Yves Saint Laurent as examples , All designer / dry clean garments are processed 100% as per care label instructions & we / you the customer be 100% clear that if a garment reacts to the care label instructions adversely this is a issue for either you or the place you purchased from. Please do not use our service if you are not happy with this , we do not offer a new for old service or underwrite in correct care labels or faulty manufactured textiles / garments.
5. Beads, Buckles, Buttons, Embellishments and PVC trims will be cleaned by us strictly at your risk. Many such items are not designed to be dry cleaned or even washed and they can become fragile / brittle over time and we accept no liability or claims for compensation.
6. All garments must be collected within 8 weeks of receipt of cleaning. After this time, we may dispose of such garments without liability.
7. All silk garments are cleaned at your risk and due the nature of the material, we will of course take all reasonable care but you need to be aware that these can be prone to shrinkage and also have hidden staining which can appear once the item is cleaned and they also can be of poor quality, over which we have no control.
8. All Claims are limited to three times the price of cleaning the item or pro rata per lb/kg by weight etc.. Upon submitting your textiles for service you except this specific condition . In the case of Duvets we will offer up to 3 times the value of the cleaning price , Service washes 3 times the value of the total clean & Dry cleaning up to the value of 3 times the individual garment clean price. All claims will have a maximum claim limit of £300 regardless to the amount / items involved.
9. All claims must be accompanied with the original customer dry cleaning or laundry ticket / receipt and must not be not defaced. Without this we will not be able to process the claim and we accept no liability or claim for compensation & in writing via our registered company address & via email.
10. Items without care labels are solely cleaned at your risk and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for damage caused to such items & also note that garments that have in correct care labels are entirely cleaned at owners risk whether this is evident through the actual care label or transpires at a later date through information that comes to light through manufacturer or retailer admissions as the garment textile wil revert to purely at owners risk as the liability would lie with 3rd parties & not us.
11. Service wash garments will be washed and dried on a high setting & we accept no responsibility for damaged items due to shrinkage or creasing, rubber backings pealing etc. Please ensure that garments for service wash are able to withstand the advised cleaning process i.e. hot wash & dry. Please advise us of any special requests and please check your care labels.
12. We will not accept responsibility for Service wash/Dry cross contamination through customers leaving any foreign objects in pockets ie pens , Chewing Gum , Lighters.
that damage your textiles in any way shape or form & will under no circumstances be liable for compensation. You must ensure that any garments entered for
service wash have all pockets checked. We for our part will always never mix your items with any other customers orders to ensure that 3rd party cross contamination
isn't a issue. If you would like us to check for foreign objects , this then becomes chargeable at dry cleaning prices per item. Cross contamination through items like
ink from pens causes irreversible damage to textiles & also you may be liable for clean up costs for the machines if we so see fit. This will be limited to £100 for our
charge & is payable at the time of collection of damaged goods.
13.Counterfeit designer goods are a common problem and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for damage caused to such goods.
14. All claims will be dealt with within 60 days of receipt of a claim notification. They will initially be dealt with by our customer service team within the first 14 days, who will gather the relevant information, assess the claim / complaint / feedback and then pass that on to the shop manager who will then make a final decision.
15. If you accept a payment for a claim you will be bound by the terms & conditions of the settlement document and these terms. You agree to us retaining your written a acceptance of a payment in satisfaction of a claim payment for a period of 6 years.
16. Finally we may agree to independent garment analysis to resolve disputes fairly & in a unbiased way , we will not except 3rd party reports that are not of a independent nature & if we do commision reports that the costs will be split equally ie 50 / 50 & that liability will not exceed the highlighted rates as outlined in previous paragraphs & does not supersede any other terms as highlighted here , furthermore independent analysis must happen within a reasonable time scale to ensure that the garment in the state at time of complaint & within 28 days of original written notification subject to confirmation the garment is exact condition at time alleged damage & we may take photographs for evidence of garments.
WEDDING DRESS TERMS & CONDITIONS
In addition to the General Terms and the Supplementary Terms, the following terms apply only to wedding dresses and where any of the Wedding Dress Terms conflict with the General Terms, the Wedding Dress Terms shall prevail.
1. In the event of any loss or damage to your wedding dress while in our care, our liability is limited to 10 times the value of the wedding dress cleaning price.
2. Buttons, Embellishments and Sequins are cleaned at your risk due to their delicate nature. In addition, it may not be possible to dry-clean buttons, embellishments or sequins even if the dress’ label states otherwise.
3. All silks & fine textiles are cleaned at your risk due to the unstable nature of the fabric either through shrinkage or staining that will not come out or due to poor quality fabrics.
4. We take no responsibility for colour runs as these are manufacturing faults and are the responsibility of the manufacturer. Where a dress has been altered with other fabrics, this invalidates the care label.
5. All staining will be treated, but we cannot guarantee 100 % removal of all stains.
6. We have a policy of only taking a wedding dress and we are not responsible for any bags or other items left with us if they are lost or damaged. Please take all other items with you when depositing your wedding dress.
7. We cannot insure against or accept liability for shrinkage of your dress due to many wedding dresses suffering from excessive water and stain damage during the wedding day and in particular silk & fine fabrics are prone to this and your use our services are subject to this condition that we will not be liable under any circumstances
8. We may at our discretion use wet cleaning as opposed to dry cleaning if deemed appropriate and you again authorise this, regardless of what the garment’s care label says.
9. All claims for damaged or missing items must be made within 48 hours after collection from our shop or delivery.